Studying and living should be an experience to never forget! Is it always easy and normal to adapt to a culture that is not yours? Is it possible to shift automatically to the new culture’s beliefs, behaviours and communication styles? Cultural norms, values and beliefs do not always come along with our cultural perspectives. Only learning the language of the country is not enough to understand the culture itself.
Our TANDEM INTERNATIONAL school in Madrid offers workshops on intercultural competences. It is necessary to enhance a deeper understanding of the cultural aspects than only learning a language!
The programme has 2 main objectives:
- Helping students to develop and practice skills with role-plays that are useful for the immersion context (focused on Spain).
- Debating useful strategies for encouraging students to actively participate in the target culture.
- Strengthen their coping mechanisms when they have cultural shock overload.
Some of the workshop activities are:
- The school proposes different real situations where students have role-play interactions with locals and where they have a cross-cultural misunderstanding.
- The workshop draws a plan to improve student’s cultural competence. The teacher will help students to write realistic objectives with indicators to assess at the end of the workshop, whether they have been or not successfully achieved.
For more information, have a look at the school’s website:
If you would like to receive a personalised quote, please contact the school by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org